Day one is done, the ICC has been fun and here are the highlights from today....
- Mark Beeson's challenge to wake up and realize that your days are numbered...make them count.
- Charlie Hall leading worship-He's been one of my favorites since Passion 99 in Ft. Worth, TX. I think that his go-tee is almost as tall as he is. What a killer voice and passion for God, truly a gifted worship leader.
- Blogapalooza-met some of the bloggers here for the conference, plus I got to have my picture taken with Tony, he's a super cool pastor and blogger.
- Kem Meyer's breakout session-say less, say it better and say it with the right audience in mind...more thoughts to come.
- Dr Pepper-it's available during the breaks! Thank you Granger, it's the official soda of Texas and my personal favorite.
- The cool weather-in the high 50's/60's a much welcomed break from the broiling Texas heat we've been living in.
And the top highlight of ICC Day One: seeing one of my former high school students who is now an associate pastor in Illinois who just happened to be attending this conference! It was great seeing Chris and his wife Nicole and catching up with him. Chris signed up early and won the iPod they were giving away...already having one he gave it to his Pastor...nice guy!