Somewhere between the altar and anniversaries couples learn that Marriage can be one of life's most glorious blessings or greatest burdens. They get to decide which and for how long. In the span of two weeks I've officiated one wedding, received word about the struggles of a couple married less than one year and prayed, talked, encouraged and counseled a marriage that's on the ropes. I still believe in marriage-but let me be honest-it takes work-lots of work.
Whether your marriage is going great or if it's just plain horrible....here are resources that you need to know about.
- Understanding the differences between Men and Women can be maddening.
- Communicating love to your spouse in ways they want and crave is critical.
- Sex should be special and sizzle!
- You are the only legitimate source for the fulfillment of your spouse's marital needs and desires.
- Affairs don't just happen overnight-the damage can be overcome-it will take lots of time and lots of work.
- We both do dumb stuff that creates tension in marriage and need to grow up.