I've heard people say this a lot...."I'm looking for God to open a door" Usually this means they are looking for an opportunity to present itself and for clarity to seize that opportunity-they want to know that it's from God.
What happens when the open door starts swinging shut? Many take this as a sign that this opportunity isn't from God and they allow the door to close, often with very little fight. I'm learning that.....
- You want to start a new process at work or in your organization and others push against it.
- You want your marriage to go to the next level and your spouse is hesitant.
- You see the opportunity and need to challenge your kids to grow in character and commitment and they roll their eyes.
- You begin a new fitness plan and your body revolts in the morning.
- You determine to spend quality time with God early in the morning and your sleepy head wants to stay on the pillow.
- God is calling you to a new ministry and you have an immediate list of reasons why this can't be His will.
Just because the door is swinging back toward you don't give up-it might be time to push back.