Today the "manchild" turns 20. Barb wrote about her reflections as his mother over on her blog this morning. I wanted to take the opportunity to share twenty things I admire, love and respect about Alex as we celebrate his birthday.
1. He has always had a way of surprising us and doing the unexpected.
2. He pulls for the underdog and is a defender of the forgotten and overlooked.
3. He loves classic rock (which is fun for me since "classic" is the stuff I listened to in High School)
4. He plays tennis and the last time we hit the ball he gave me a real run for my money.
5. He displayed great resilliance in all the moves we made. The last to STL was especially difficult as it was his Jr. year in high school. He made the best of it and excelled and grew in the face of change.
6. He believes he can do just about anything and is bold enough to try--love the risk taking adventurer he is.
7. We both like Long John Silvers--the girls in our family don't--we have to stick together on that one.
8. He observed a fast for 40 days.
9. He is a creative strategic thinker.
10. He loves the outdoors.
11. He plays in a worship band.
12. His laugh is loud, strong and bold.
13. He likes to build fires.
14. He is his own man when it comes to fashion.
15. He eats healthy and exercises.
16. He is generous and loves to help people.
17. He sniffs out in-authenticity quickly.
18. He is a great conversationalist and can talk to anyone.
19. He loves his mom and sisters.
20. He is my son--and I'm proud of him.